Thursday, June 21, 2007

My IVF blog

My husband and I have been trying to conceive (TTC) our first child for over 2 years now. We recently started going through IVF treatments and I finally decided to start a blog about our journey.

My husband is 26 and is getting ready to enter his senior year of college. He will graduate in May of 2008 with a bachelors in Business Management/Computer Information Systems.

I'm 28 and have been graduated from college since 2000. I currently work in advertising and can't wait for my husband to graduate so he can get a real job. :) My plan was always to be a stay at home mom (SAHM) Hopefully by the time he graduates my dream will come true, and we will have a little one.

We started infertility treatments in June of 2005. We did 4 natural cycles with HCG to trigger ovulation then moved to IUI with fertility drugs. We did 4 cycles that took 8 months to complete. (rest cycle after each IUI cycle due to corpus luteum cysts) Each IUI cycle I had at least 6 mature follicles at ovulation. One cycle I had 10-13 and it still didn't work.

We just completed our first IVF (with ICSI since it is covered by insurance) the beginning of June. We transfered 1 perfect 8 cell and one almost perfect 5 cell embryo on day 3. BFN again. :( Must have been sheer bad luck cause so far we are "unexplained". My husband has low morphology (head defects) but that is fixable and it wasn't to the point that it would make conceiving impossible on our own.

Here are my embryo's from my first IVF:

We are gearing up to do our second IVF in July. I will be on Lupron for the first time and should start on 6/25. I will be on a higher dosage of Gonal F this time so we can, hopefully, get more eggs at retrieval. I'm hoping that we will have enough this time to do a 5 day transfer since our 3 day transfer didn't work. I'd like to see if my embryo's make it to day 5. It also ensures you pick the strongest/best embryo's for transfer.

No comments: