Saturday, October 6, 2007

Busy week!

I'm kind of tired so I'm going to try to make this quick.

It has been a busy week to say the least! Thursday morning I had to let my DH out so I moved my car out of the way then pulled back into the driveway. I then took a shower. When I got out of the shower I wanted to check my email. On the way to the living room I glanced out our door and noticed my car was not in the driveway. I freaked out and ran to the end of the driveway, looked both ways, (didn't see my car) then ran in side. I called my tenant (Sara) and asked if she knew what happened to my car. She had no idea. As I was on the phone with the police reporting my car stolen Sara yelled from out side "Oh my word your car is across the street and hit a house"

Apparently I didn't pull the ebreak (standard) and my car rolled down the driveway, scrapped my neighbors house, rolled across the street, ran over a bush and hit another house.

The cop came and took pictures then I went off to work (my car had scrapes on the side but that was about it).

Later that morning DH had a job interview for an internship with Liberty Mutual (he is a senior in college). He came to see me at lunch. Not only did he get the internship (which pays $18 an hour) but they also offered him a job!!! I'm so excited! Now we know what he will be making and it is exactly what we wanted/needed to be making to keep the same level of living we are at now.

Later that day (my car was at the shop getting a "grinding noise" checked) my insurance company called to tell me they had looked at my car and it was totaled by $40. I was shocked! Apparently the metal of the car (above the tire) was so rusted that it broke apart. Not only is it very expensive to fix but it would not pass inspection next year. He offered me $2,900 for my car (97 civic-it has been in quite a few accidents so it's not in the best shape) I was/still am shocked they offered me so much. I can either take the money and run (and get a newer car) OR he can change the estimate so my car won't be a "total loss". BUT I run the risk of the body shop taking longer then expected and if that happend they would end up having to deem it a total loss anyway. Since DH and I kind of wanted to get rid of my car we have decided to take the money. For now we can survive with one car but not for long.

Today was the first part of general confrence. Personally I liked the first session WAY better then the second. My favorite was the first session.
I can't remember his name but I LOVED the talk where he talked about all the woman in the scriptures that were barren and how they eventually concieved. I love how he ended by talking about Rebecca and how her husbands second wife (he had 2 wives) conceived easily but she couldn't. He kind of described her pain and ended by saying she finally conceived and had twin boys and that the "Lord did not forget Rebecca. And he won't for get you" (paraphrasing here) the whole talk ended up bringing me to tears. What really did me in was when DH had his arm around me and he just hugged me tight with his arm. I'm so thankful for the talk. I really feel as though the Lord was speaking to me...to all of us woman who are having struggles.

Well it's extremely late so I should get to bed.

3 comments:

D. said...

Oh no! Your poor car! How were your neighbors' houses? Were they relatively undamaged, I hope? I'm sorry you had to go through that, but at least you get to cash in now :)

Congratulations to you and DH! What great news on his job!!!!!!

Amy said...

Yeah I feel really blessed right now. I feel like everything is finally falling into place. I even feel like my car being totaled is a blessing right now. Kind of forces us to get a car. It just kind of feels right. Does that make sense? I also hope/feel as though my BFP is right around the corner! The words from my blessing keep ringing in my ears "it will happen sooner then you think."

BTW I hope you don't mind me asking you. How old are you and DH? I'm 28 and DH is 26. :)

My favorite talk today was the one by Sister Beck. I loved how she mentioned to not post pone children. I find that a LOT of people are doing that now. Personally I don't judge them. I wish my DH was ready when we got married but he wasn't so I went on the BCP. I regret it a TON but I can't go back and change it. It makes me sad when ever I think about it. I was ready for kids and he wasn't. :(

D. said...

You might want to think about getting a car that will work well for hauling babies around in it!

I am 30 and DH is 33 so we really want to get going so we can have a few!