I don't have the mental energy to re write this so I'm copying what I shared with my FF friends today. The stuff I added is in bold.
Well I had my consult. It went ok. To be honest I'm NOT thrilled. He wants to do the same protocol with minor tweaks. He wants to start me on a higher dosage of Gonal F (225) and gradually raise it. He is also going to start me on 150IU Repronex on day 4 of stims rather then 75 units of Repronex. He thinks I need more LH (I think it's the LH that made my embryo's suck). Other then that no changes. He wanted to do AH (assisted hatching-where they poke a hole in the shell of the embryo to help the embryo to "hatch" out of the shell and implant) but he changed his mind because apparently you can't do it on day 2 it has to be day 3+. I'm really bummed. He won't push me to a day 3 transfer because of my crappy embryo's. Odds are I don't need AH anyway. My embryo's don't even make it to the blast stage (the stage right before they hatch which is day 5)
He see's no point in any of the additional testing I want done. He says since I have not had any losses that I shouldn't need it. -the tests I want done are simple blood tests. It's not like I'm asking for surgery or anything.
I talked to the nurse at length after I met with him. She went over my protocol and time line. She then asked how I felt about this next cycle. I told her I wasn't feeling to positive about it. She asked if I told the doctor that and I said no. I'm assuming she will end up telling him. I explained to her that since I've had so many failures it's almost impossible for me to get excited about cycling again. I also explained to her how I think I should get the testing done if my insurance covers it.
They gave me a customer service survey to fill out and there was a comment section. The things I told them was Dr. H talked to fast and I feel rushed when I meet with him. I also explained (this is on the survey) that he shouldn't have told me about donor egg during my transfer. He should have waited till my follow up consult to discuss that with me. I also explained that I feel as though I should get the testing if my ins covered it. Who's to say that when if finally do get pregnant (yes I said finally) that I won't m/c? Who is to say I don't have any immunity/clotting disorders? The reason I'm not pregnant is embryo quality. We have no idea what will happen when I finally get an embryo to implant and to be honest if I'm that lucky I don't want to chance having a m/c because he didn't do the testing.
I fully plan on faxing that survey tomorrow and on the cover sheet asking her to check with my ins about the tests and that I want them done before I start stims. From my understanding these tests can take weeks to come back so I want them done now.
Anyhow, that is my 2 cents.
honestly I'm to tired of this process to argue with my doctor and at first I wasn't going to argue about the testing. I've had time to think and decided that I need to suck it up and push for the testing whether I like it or not.
Geesh This is my 5th IVF you'd think he'd want to do the testing. I shouldn't have to have a m/c to get it done. That is stupid!