Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Vacation & ramblings

DH and I went away this weekend. We both took Friday off and went to North Conway (we honey mooned there). We stay in the same cabin every year. It's nice. We got to do a TON of shopping on Saturday. We were out for 7 hours! We did take a break to see "I am legend" (good movie) and to eat lunch.

It was nice to get away from work and spend some quality time with DH. However work is very stressful. I haven't slept well in 3 days. The kicker is I wake up and I'm not tired so that's good I guess. But night time is not something I look forward to now. I hate tossing and turning. Not being able to get comfortable, not being able to shut my brain off. To dream of work, wake up for no reason thinking of work and the stress.

I told DH I don't know how much more of it I can take and I can't promise what I'll do when he graduates. My job position has been changed because we are being put on sales teams. I have 2 outside sales reps and a coordinator on my team. One of my sales reps...well is going to take some work and my pay check depends on how well they do. They are supposed to hand over all their accounts for me to handle so I can keep them up and up sell them ( I work for a newspaper/media company) into our various products. Anyhow, it's stressful and even though I got a very nice "raise" this year in actuality it's not a raise....I made $6k more then my boss estimated I would last year. Well that $6k was considered "bonuses" so my raise is taken on the amount she said I would have made not what I actually made. Doesn't make sense to me. Anyhow, hard to explain. With the new pay scale it will be a LOT harder for me to get those aforementioned bonuses. I have a feeling I'll be making less money which stinks. However if I am making more money it will give me a very good reason to get done when DH graduates college and starts working full time.

Speaking of work I have to leave or I'll be late

1 comment:

D. said...

Glad you had a great weekend!

Your works sounds like it is getting very stressful with all the new changes and the new insurance. Have you found out yet if your insurance will be changing?

Are you saying you may leave your job come May? Or cut back hours? What does your DH think? Those are big decisions, and I can see why you'd consider it if it gets to be too much.