Monday, November 12, 2007

This is the worst part

The next few days are going to STINK! I hate the wait. My E2 was only 950.4 on Saturday. It should be around 200 per follicle. I did have some follicles around 15mm so it's possible they just were not mature yet (and will be for retrieval) my problem is I worry to much. I worry about my numbers. I mean with IVF #1 I had 8 follicles but one was empty and one of the eggs was "nartoic" which is just a fancy way of saying it was complete crap. (if the egg gets to big that can happen).

So I wait in the anticipation to hear how many they retrieve tomorrow. I'm still trying to hope there are more hiding but with my E2 as low as it is I highly doubt that! Then after tomorrow I wait to find out how many were mature/good quality and out of those how many fertilized (will find out Wednesday)THEN I wait to find out how many make it to day 2. They will update me on day 2 (Thursday) and tell me how many cells they are and how many I had left. AND then they will tell me if Friday is my Transfer or Sunday. I'm hoping for a 5 day transfer and that would be Sunday. But based on how IVF #1 went I highly doubt that I will be that lucky.

I'm really sad. I can't stand this. I really don't know how many more times I can do this. If I do it again I'm going to a different clinic. A clinic that will do a clomid challenge test so I can see what my day 10 FSH is (checks for diminished ovarian reserve) and an antral follicle count. I SHOULD have gotten more then 9 follicles. I was on 150 iu for IVF #1 and I had 8 follicles. With this one I'm on 225 and only got 9. It just seems as though my response is getting worse.

I hate this. I never want to do this again. I hate how they don't do simple tests because I'm "young". NOW my IUI doctor is thinking I might have diminished ovarian reserve. Lovely. Now she wonders. NOW after 4 failed IUI's and 2 failed IVF cycles. My IVF doctor isn't concerned but shouldn't he be? I mean I"m "only" 28 and I can only get 9 follicles???????

4 comments:

D. said...

Sounds like your biggest roadblock is your doctor!! He should be trying to diagnose you. Basic IF workup isn't exactly extreme. Sometimes I read these blogs where women have doctors who do all sorts of testing. Who are their doctors? They sound amazing. They test for immune issue and clotting factors and anti-ovarian antibodies--which can make stim response poor. All sorts of tests. Then they put them on whatever they need to overcome it. I wonder if these big clinics just get into the habit of cranking out the same protocol for every woman in a certain age bracket. Makes no sense. Guarenteed they'd make sure their wives and daughters had more personalized treatment.

Keep optomistic about this cycle though. That advanced fertility care website of chicago says that the prognosis for women with greater than 7 eggs retrieved has upwards of 50-60% success. You have at least 9 eggs, maybe more. You still have plenty of reason to be optomistic.

Amy said...

Thanks. This is the worst part. I don't want to be at work today and I'm having a hard time doing my job. I'll feel better once I know how many they retrieved. Then I get make a good guess as to how many will fertilize. I really hope I get at least 9 good eggs. I'm hoping for at least 6 to fertilize.

Yeah I do think my doctor just treats me like any other patient. It sucks. it's like I'm a number. They are the best clinic in my immediate area. I think it's just him that does this. Although supposedly he is one of the "best"

George said...

Amy - I'm sorry to read about all your frustrations this week...I hope those doctors of yours get on the ball with you! Is your ER scheduled for tomorrow? Good luck!!!

D. said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you!